The initial raw material of Nylon-12 is butadiene, and also the monomer lauryl lactam of nylon 12 is produced with a series of intermediate steps, and then Nylon-12 is produced with polycondensation response. The molecular formula of Nylon-12 is:, -[NH-(CH2)11-CO]n]-, it can be seen from the molecular formula that the proportion of amide groups in Nylon-12 is higher than that of general nylon materials such as nylon ‘6, nylon 66, nylon 612, etc., and it is the presence of amide groups that makes nylon, an engineering plastic, have many special properties, so the properties of Nylon-12 are quite different from other nylon materials.
There are non-polar methylene groups in nylon 12, and the number is large, which makes the molecular chain of Nylon-12 more flexible; the amide group in nylon 12 is polar and has a large cohesive energy , Its molecules can form hydrogen bonds, making the arrangement of molecules more regular. Therefore, Nylon-12 has high crystallinity and high strength. Nylon 12 (PA12) has low water absorption, good low temperature resistance, good air tightness, excellent alkali resistance and grease resistance, medium resistance to alcohols, inorganic dilute acids and aromatic hydrocarbons, good mechanical properties and electrical properties, and is a natural extinguishing material.
At present, it is widely used in fuel pipes and brake pipes, optical fiber sheaths, photoelectric fiber coatings, sports equipment and food packaging in automobiles. However, due to the high cost of Nylon-12 compared with the largest amount of nylon 6 and 66, its application range is seriously affected. How to reduce the cost on the basis of maintaining the mechanical properties of nylon 12 is an important problem facing the expansion of the application of Nylon-12.
1.01 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
Application of Nylon-12
Nylon-12 is a long carbon chain polyamide with lengthy methylene chain and also low amide group thickness; it has low density, reduced melting point, great thermal security and also high disintegration temperature level; reduced temperature resistance, oil resistance, deterioration resistance and also rubbing resistance Exceptional features such as loss; widely utilized in vehicle system pipelines, chemical oil pipes, as well as hydraulic transmission systems.
Nylon-12 has a reduced wetness absorption rate and also can be utilized for precision-sized electrical parts and tools; it has great gas barrier residential or commercial properties as well as is safe as well as can be made use of for food and pharmaceutical packaging; it has excellent termite resistance and can be used for cable as well as cable television sheathing. Basically, Nylon-12 is commonly utilized in nationwide protection, electronic devices, interaction, machinery, food as well as other industries due to its excellent buildings, and its application prospects are extremely wide.
1) It can be used as a substitute for copper, steel, and rubber to manufacture anti-seismic and wear-resistant oil pipes and hoses. Such as automotive oil hoses, oil pipes, clutch hoses, automotive fuel pipes, etc. 2) Used for waterproof, low temperature resistant optical fiber, cable sheath and insulating coating. 3) For the production of bearings, gears and other precision components and electronic and electrical components. 4) Used for powder coating on metal surfaces with good sealing performance. 5) It is used for general extruded products such as plates and for the manufacture of corrosion-resistant containers. 6) Used for soft extruded products. 7) Used in the production of advanced coatings and adhesives. 8) Packaging film for food and medicine. 9) Used as filler and opacifier. An alternative to clay, Nylon-12 reduces shine, leaves skin with a silky feel, and expands and contracts with facial movements without filling in fine lines, creating a plumped, smooth look.
Nylon 12 Performance
1) Density The relative density of Nylon-12 is only 1.01-1.03, which is the smallest among all engineering plastics, which has a certain effect on reducing the weight of automobiles and reducing fuel consumption. If compared by unit volume, Nylon-12 has advantages in price and performance.
2) Melting point The melting point of nylon 12 is 172-178°C, which is slightly lower than that of nylon 11, which can fully meet the working environment temperature requirements of automobile fuel pipes and air brake pipes.
3) Water absorption As we all know, the biggest disadvantage of nylon products is that they have high water absorption and difficult to guarantee dimensional stability. However, due to the increase of methylene molecules in Nylon-12, the influence of hydrophilic groups is greatly reduced. Therefore, nylon 12 has the lowest water absorption rate among nylon products, which reduces the performance and size of products caused by water absorption. changes, which givesNylon-12 a great advantage. After absorbing water, the tensile strength of nylon 12 decreases very little, while nylon 66 and nylon 6 have large changes.
4) Impact strength Impact strength is an important specification, especially for Nylon-12 tubing, which is often exposed to air. Nylon 12 was tested according to the standard at -20°C and -40°C, and there was no breakage phenomenon, which fully met the requirements for use. Nylon-12 has excellent impact resistance.
5) Low temperature performance Nylon-12 has the lowest brittle temperature of -70 degrees Celsius, so it can be widely used in low temperature resistant parts. The table below lists the brittle temperature of nylon resins:
6) Flexibility The influence of plasticizers on the physical properties of Nylon-12 is concentrated on the elastic modulus of the resin. There are three basic types of resins for Nylon 12, which differ primarily in their flexibility due to their plasticizer content. The elastic modulus of the resin decreases with the increase of the content of plasticizer extractable components.
7) Low wear and low friction performance Nylon 12 has excellent low wear and friction properties and self-lubricating properties, so the friction noise of nylon 12 products is very low. The following table gives the values obtained by Taber disc test for Nylon 12 and other plastics.
8) Fuel resistance In automobiles, the current use of oxygenated fuels, high aromatic fuels and alcohol blends can cause breakdown of many hose materials. Only nylon 11, Nylon-12 and fluorocarbon elastomers have been tested for use in this environment. Under the action of automobile fuel, all nylons will swell, resulting in dimensional changes, especially in gasoline containing methanol, nylon with a large number of amide groups, such as nylon 6, is more soluble than nylon with a small amount of amide groups, such as nylon 12 % The increase is much larger. After research, it was found that fuel oil containing 15% methanol had a great impact on nylon.
9) Resistance to zinc chloride solution Zinc chloride can be present in the under-vehicle environment. Under certain temperature and humidity, the salt on the road reacts with the galvanized steel sheet or the zinc-containing primer to form a small amount of zinc chloride. Zinc chloride is highly corrosive, but Nylon-12 is very resistant to zinc chloride solutions. Ozone aging, ultraviolet radiation, temperature conditions, etc., will bring different degrees of damage to the parts and reduce the service life. Ozone aging does not occur due to the absence of + 2 3 2 + unsaturated double bonds that are susceptible to ozone attack in Nylon 12.
In addition, Nylon-12 has high crystallinity, high melting temperature, and good heat resistance stability. After adding a heat stabilizer, the heat resistance performance is doubled. When sunlight hits, its energy can cause chemical bonds in organic matter to break. However, the bond energies of C-H, C-O, and C-N bonds in Nylon-12 are all very large, and ultraviolet rays are not enough to destroy them, and can only destroy C-C bonds with smaller bond energy; therefore, after adding an appropriate anti-aging agent to the raw material, Nylon-12 The anti-ultraviolet performance is very excellent.
Preparation of Nylon 12
A process for preparing Nylon-12 with long-chain amino acids as monomers, comprising the steps of:
(1) Initial polymerization: Put the raw material 12-aminododecanoic acid and water into the reactor at a mass ratio of 1:1-4, and then add 0.01-1% catalyst and 0.05-0.5% antioxidant in sequence and 0.08-5% molecular weight regulator, fill the reactor with nitrogen, heat up to 170-190°C for initial polymerization, maintain the pressure in the reactor at 0.6-1.2MPa, and enable the stirring of the reactor at the same time, the reaction time 2~6h, the molecular weight of the prepolymer is 3000~8000;
(2) Polymerization: Transfer the initial polymerized material to the polymerization kettle, start the polymerization kettle to stir, heat the material temperature to gradually rise to 220-250°C, adjust the pressure of the polymerization kettle, keep the dehydration speed matching the pressure, and wait for the polymerization kettle When the pressure drops to normal pressure; change the vacuum to maintain the negative pressure in the polymerization kettle -0.095~-0.08MPa, the polymerization reaction time is 2~5h, and the molecular weight of the polymer is 15000~25000;
(3) Viscosification: Fill the polymerization kettle with nitrogen to a constant pressure, pump the material from the polymerization process into the twin-screw co-rotating extruder at a constant rate, adjust the speed of the screw and the heating temperature of each zone, and adjust the vacuum of the screw After all the process parameters are stabilized, the consistency of the resin melting index is checked, and the requirements of the resin characteristics can be seen. The molecular weight is controlled to 20000-35000, and the qualified nylon 12 is obtained.
About Products: If you need Nylon 12 as a cosmetic raw material, please contact our service staff directly, we will provide you with high-quality products at the best price. As an experienced Nylon 12 manufacturer and supplier, ZSpharmac will provide Nylon 12 raw materials to customers all over the world for a long time. Over the years, the company has been adhering to the spirit of “integrity management, strict quality control, customer first”, and has won unanimous praise from domestic and foreign customers.
Company Profile and Corporate Culture
ZhiShang Chemical is owned by ZhiShang Group is a professional new-type chemicals enterprise combined into research and development, production and sales .
The company’s competitive product is pharmaceutical raw materials and intermediates (especially carbohydrate derivatives Series), In recent years, the company has made a major breakthrough in food and feed additives, plant extraction, industrial chemicals industry .
The company insists on the spirit of “sincere management, strict quality control, customer as god” , get consistent high praise from customers at home and abroad.
OUR MISSION Help China Chemicals to benefit the happiness of human life OUR VISSION Become the most trusted chemical supplier in the world OUR BUSINESS PHILOSOPHY Striver – oriented, enrich employees, customer first, deep service, seek development OUR VALUES Be prepared for danger in times of peace, forge ahead actively, unity and cooperation, and be brave to fight
The production base is located in Zhangqiu chemical industry park and Tai’an high-tech chemical industry park. laboratory and workshop in strict accordance with the GMP standard and the product fit national ISO9001 and ISO2000 standards.
“Zhishang” products are exported to Europe, North and South America, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa area, so as to establish a long-term and stable cooperation relationship with customer in the world.
Business Type: Manufacturer
Product Range: Cosmetic raw materials
Products/Service:Cosmetic raw materials (flavors and fragrances,antioxidant products, moisturizing and hydrating, whitening agents, cosmetic additives)
Factory Location : Diao Town Industry Park, Zhangqiu City, Jinan City, Shandong Province, China.
* Prompt reply and 24 hours online, professional team to provide best price and high quality product.
* Sample testing support.
* Every batch of products will be tested to ensureits quality.
*The packing also can be according the customers` requirment.
*Any inquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
*we provide Commerical Invoice, Packing List, Bill of loading, COA , Health certificate and Origin certificate. If your markets have any special requirements, let us know.
*The fact of logistics information monitoring.
* Any questions about the product can be consulted at any time.
*Product has any problem can return.
Do you accept sample order?
We will make samples before mass production, and after sample approved, we’ll begin mass production. Doing 100% inspection during production, then do random inspection before packing.
HOW TO CONFIRM THE PRODUCT QUALITY BEFORE PLACING ORDERS?
You can get free samples for some products,you only need to pay the shipping cost or arrange a courier to us and take the samples. You can send us your product specifications and requests,we will manufacture the products according to your requests.
What’s your MOQ?
Our MOQ is 1kg. But usually we accept less quantity such as 100g on the condition that sample charge is 100% paid.
Do you supply product report?
Yes. We’ll give you product analysis report before shipping.
Is there a discount?
Different quantity has different discount.
1. ≤50kg, Express delivery recommended, usually called as DDU service;
2. ≤500kg, Air shipping recommended, usually called as FOB, CFR, or CIF service;
3. >500kg, sea shipping recommended, usually called as FOB, CFR, or CIF service;
4. For high value products, please select air shipping and express delivery for safe.