The pure cotton fiber is treated with antacids, as well as methyl chloride is made use of as etherification representative, as well as the cellulose ether is prepared with a series of responses to get methyl cellulose MC. The general level of replacement is 1.6 ~ 2.0, and also the solubility of the degree of alternative differs.
1. The water web content of methyl cellulose depends on the amount of enhancement, thickness, fragment size and solubility. The amount of water included is huge, the excellence is tiny, the thickness is large, as well as the water retention efficiency is good. In the water retention examination, the amount of addition has the best influence on the water retention, and the viscosity has no direct relationship with the water retention. Amongst them, the water content of methyl cellulose ether and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose is relatively high.
2. Methylcellulose is soluble in cold water, yet hard to dissolve in hot water. Its aqueous remedy has excellent security in the range of pH=3 ~ 12. It has excellent compatibility and can be compatible with surfactants such as starch as well as fatty acid periodontal. When the gelation temperature gets to a particular degree, gelation will certainly occur.
3. Adjustments in temperature level will seriously affect the capability of methyl cellulose to store water. When the temperature is above 40 ° C, the water retention performance of methyl cellulose will reduce significantly, which will certainly have a terrific impact on the structural properties of mortar.
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) under alkaline problems, with propylene oxide and also methyl chloride as etherification representative, after a collection of reactions, a non-ionic combined ether is prepared. Usually, the level of alternative is generally in between 1.2 and also 2.0. The proportion of methoxyl web content to hydroxypropyl web content is different, as well as its residential or commercial properties are additionally different.
1. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is quickly soluble in cold water, however hard to liquify in hot water.
2. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is extremely secure to acid as well as antacids, as well as its liquid option is really steady between pH=2 ~ 12. Sodium salt and lime water have little effect on its performance, yet can quicken its dissolution. For general salts, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is stable, yet when the focus of the salt solution is high, the thickness of the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose remedy is high.
3. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose has better enzyme resistance, and compared with methylcellulose, its enzymatic destruction capability in solution is reduced.