CN101143820A discloses a kind of production method of isopropyl myristate, and it comprises the steps:
1. Separation and purification of 100 parts of myristic acid (myristic acid) with a content of 95%-98% to obtain 90 parts of myristic acid with a purity of 99.5% and 10 parts of by-products;
2. Add 30 parts of isopropanol and 0.01 part of catalyst Ti0 to 90 parts of 99.5% myristic acid for esterification, while separating 7 parts of water;
3. dealcoholize the esterified product, and separate 7 parts of isopropanol;
4. Carry out catalyst recovery, recover 0.01 part of catalyst;
5. Carry out rectification to the obtained product after catalyst recovery, remove 0.5 parts of residue, and obtain isopropyl myristate of the present invention.
Due to the adoption of the above-mentioned technical scheme, the present invention adopts myristic acid (myristic acid) extracted from edible oil (such as coconut oil) through esterification and rectification, and has the fragrance of natural vegetable oil. Non-condensing, insoluble in water, miscible with organic solvents, easy to emulsify, easy to degrade, non-toxic, non-corrosive, environmentally friendly, and an ideal substitute for traditional solvents (toluene, xylene). It has a relatively high boiling point and flash point, is a non-dangerous product, and is safe for storage and transportation. Due to the improvement of the physical and chemical indicators of the product, in addition to being used in the cosmetics and daily chemical industry, it can also be used as a solvent for pyrethrin insecticides. Separation and purification of myristic acid (operated with a high-efficiency fractionation tower) can ensure the purity of raw materials, making the purity of myristic acid reach 99.5%. The water vapor film dealcoholization method can remove the isopropanol and grease smell in the product, so that the product has no peculiar smell, and the isopropanol content is less than 10ppm.