The raw material of Citrus Powder can be pulp or peel. Choose fresh fruits that are free from diseases and insect pests, and remove the stems. For the leftovers of canned products such as fruit peels, remove the rotten and deteriorated parts.
Selection of raw materials → cleaning → oil grinding → peeling → pressing → beating → homogenization → drying → crushing → packaging → inspection of finished products
(1) Raw material processing Select fresh citrus fruits with a maturity of more than 80% without pests and mildew, and wash them with running water.
(2) Oil grinding Rub the oil layer of the epidermis in the oil grinding machine to break the oil capsule, and rinse the escaped orange oil with water to reduce the spicy taste of the fruit powder.
(3) Blanching the peel. Blanching is not only beneficial to peeling, but also can passivate the activity of enzymes in the peel and reduce the bitterness and pungent taste of the peel.
(4) Pressing and beating The peel and pulp should be pressed and beated separately. After beating, it is advisable to use a colloid mill to finely grind the peel pulp and pulp pulp separately.
(5) Mixing According to production needs, mix the pulp pulp and peel pulp evenly in proportion.
(6) Deployment Add an appropriate amount of antioxidants. Maltodextrin facilitates the drying of pulp; antioxidants prevent oxidation and browning of the natural ingredient vitamin C and other natural ingredients in Citrus Powder.
(7) Homogenization After blending, use a homogenizer to homogenize the pulp.
(8) Drying The pulp was dried with a spray dryer. The parameters that have a great influence on the hot air spray drying process mainly include air inlet temperature and spray pressure. If the air inlet temperature is too high, it will easily cause the Citrus Powder to have a scorching lake smell, and the fruit powder will be in a molten state, making the spray drying process impossible; if the air inlet temperature is low, the Citrus Powder will fall down before it is completely dry, which will easily cause sticky walls and fruit powder Uneven drying. For the centrifugal spray dryer, the spray pressure is directly proportional to the rotational speed of the centrifugal disc. The greater the pressure of the nozzle, the higher the centrifugal speed, the better the atomization, the uniform and fine droplets, and the faster the drying speed. However, if the pressure of the nozzle is too high, the centrifugal force of the feed liquid is also large, which will easily cause the spray feed liquid to directly hit the wall, resulting in wall sticking. The relationship between the spray pressure and the inlet air temperature is that when the inlet air temperature is low, the nozzle pressure cannot be too high, because the spray pressure is high and the feed rate is also relatively high, and the low temperature is not conducive to the drying of Citrus Powder; when the air inlet When the temperature is higher, the pressure of the nozzle should be increased accordingly, so that the Citrus Powder will not be over-dried and produce a scorched lake smell, and it is also conducive to increasing the spray speed.