Because the efficient pore dimension of 4A molecular sieve is 0.4 nm, it is called 4A molecular screen It can adsorb water, methanol, ethanol, carbon dioxide, ethylene, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, propylene and also various other low molecular substances.
1. Molecular dimension of 4A molecular filter
Due to the fact that its effective pore dimension is 0.4 mm, it can not adsorb any kind of molecules with a size above 0.4 mm (consisting of lp), however its discerning adsorption efficiency for water is greater than various other particles. It is just one of one of the most commonly used molecular filter selections in industry.
2. Operating environment of 4A molecular filter.
1. When the temperature level is 110 ° C, it is feasible to evaporate water in a large space, however it will certainly not eliminate the water in the pores of the molecular sieve. Consequently, in the laboratory, turned on dehydration can be accomplished by drying with a muffle furnace at a temperature level of 350 ° C and drying out under regular pressure for 8 hrs (if there is an air pump, it can be dried out at 150 ° C for 5 hours with air extraction).
2. The activated 4A molecular screen is cooled down to around 200 ° C airborne (concerning 2 mins) and also requires to be saved in a desiccator promptly.
3. In permitted environments, completely dry nitrogen defense must be utilized throughout cooling and storage to successfully prevent water vapor airborne from being adsorbed once more. Because old molecular screens consist of contaminants after usage, not just the temperature level should be as high as 450 ° C throughout activation, yet water vapor or inert gas (nitrogen, etc) should also be presented to replace other substances in the molecular filters.
4. Stay clear of oil and also fluid water when utilizing it, as well as try to prevent direct contact with oil as well as liquid water.
As an alkali steel aluminosilicate, 4A molecular screen is preferred by many clients for the drying out of gases as well as liquids. It can additionally be made use of for the refining as well as purification of gases or fluids, such as the extraction of argon gas.