A kind of production method of high-content β-sitosterol, with the vegetable oil deodorization distillate that contains 4～7% β-sitosterol as raw material, comprises esterification, alcoholysis, short-range separation, cold analysis, filtration, filtration The steps of cake washing and vacuum drying are characterized in that:
(1) Esterification: take the deodorized distillate in the vegetable oil refining process as raw material, use acid as catalyst, take methanol as reaction solvent, solvent weight is 30%～40% of raw material amount, and catalyst weight is 0% of raw material weight .06～0.07 times, at 70～80 ℃, carry out esterification reaction 3～4 hours, leave standstill, separate and remove unreacted solvent and catalyst mixed solution;
(2) alcoholysis: add alkali catalyst and reaction solvent methanol in the esterified oil obtained after the reaction, the weight of alkali catalyst is 0.01～0.015 times of raw material weight, and solvent weight is 0.15～of raw material weight 0.20 times amount, temperature 70 ℃～80 ℃, carry out alcoholysis reaction 1～2 hour;
(3) washing: the above-mentioned reaction product is washed 3 to 4 times with hot water of 70 to 80° C., until the pH is 8 to 7;
(4) short-range separation: the reaction product after above-mentioned washing is at 150～160 DEG C, under 50～100½ vacuum, by short-range distillation separation device, feeds 4～5 liters per minute, separates fatty acid methyl ester;
(5) cold analysis, filtration: the heavy component after above-mentioned distillation enters filter press filter when 70～80 ℃, removes impurity, and filtrate enters cold analysis kettle, adds regulator and carries out cold analysis, and regulator is made of 10% sulfuric acid Form by 1: 2.5～3.5 weight ratio proportioning with water, the weight ratio of heavy part and regulator is 1: 0.03～0.04, cold analysis is to 30～40 ℃, press filtration obtains crude product β-sitosterol;
(6) washing, vacuum drying: filter cake after above-mentioned filtration, add ethanol and wash under normal temperature stirring, filter solvent, dry to obtain the β-sitosterol finished product that content is more than 80% through 70～80 ℃ of drying.